Monday, September 04, 2006

Worst Plot Twist EVER

I spent yesterday doing two of my favorite things: knitting and watching a Law & Order marathon. Because I love the show, I am willing to cut them all kinds of slack, but this one is just too much.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In the final episode with ADA Serena Southerlyn (Elizabeth Röhm), District Attorney Arthur Branch fires her because she is not a good match for the DA's office. And she asks, "Is it because I'm a lesbian?" He tells her no, and she says "Good." How many seasons was she on L&O? There was never even an inkling that she was a lesbian--no reference, no relationship, no plot conflict including that detail. What idiot writer decided to throw that in as the last thing she said? Is she also an alien? The President of the United States? That's just shoddy scriptwriting; there's no excuse for Dick and his crew who've been doing this for sixteen years. Shame on you, guys. P.S. Knitting pictures will be forthcoming,b ut the light is horrible today with the rain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

yeah, I never remember anything about that either - and I've been watching that show forever too.

9/04/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

I used to watch it religiously and I'd have never thought she was a lesbian. What a lame ending.

9/04/2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Bonzairn said...

I'm telling you the last few seasons have been slipping.... Ever since Jerry Orbach left.....

I remember that episode - we (at work ) were all like What????

NBC needs to get off their social soap box (ER does it alot too) and just shoot SHOWS!

How are you?

I REALLY need a GIRLS day out!!!! REALLY need one!

9/04/2006 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home