Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Knitting has happened

Chez Bluey there is actual knitting going on. Here's proof: my sixth completed prayer shawl. Number seven is on the needles and going FINALLY. I tried the Basketweave shawl pattern on the prayer shawl website, but I couldn't get it to work out. I couldn't figure out if it was me or the pattern. I found a pattern that works better for me here. It's looking pretty good in Lion Brand's Homespun Adirondack colorway. It's amazing to me how hideous some yarn can look on the skein, but when you start knitting with it, it transforms itself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammany said...

That shawl is beautiful. I love that color!
I agree about Homespun, but I detest knitting with it. I remember seeing the colorway you've chosen and I think it's so pretty! Have fun with it!

9/06/2006 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Very nice! My first knitting project was with homespun :) I never finished it LOL :) I got my bag today and it is really too cute! Thank you so much I love it :D

9/06/2006 09:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

What a beautiful shawl! I love the color!

9/07/2006 08:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Oh SO beautiful! One couldn't help but feel spiritful wrapped in something so lovely (and I'm sure so lovingly made)...S.N.

9/07/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Thanks for the compliments. The shawl is already being used by the head of our blanket/shawl ministry--she needed one too! And she loves, loves, loves it!

9/10/2006 04:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home