Thursday, September 28, 2006

I went to church and a knit group broke out

Mostly what's on the needles these days is prayers shawls. Maybe it's because the needles and yarn are thick and easy to work with or it's easy to hide mistakes. And because it feels good to help others. Like Kay, I wasn't feeling the lace love, so after twenty-five or so attempts, I decided to save lace until I could concentrate (in the afterlife?). And speaking of those lovely Mason-Dixon ladies, I even got a shout out today! It pays to remember your mother's advice. Because I'm so poor I can't even pay attention, I have three shawls on the needles now and am switching off to keep myself amused. I took my simplest one--a feather and fan pattern with me to hang out at church while I waited for my son's youth group to finish. Four ladies showed up, and I had yarn and needles for everyone. As I mentioned yesterday, the camera is AWOL, so I don't have pictures, but it was amazing to see ladies of all ages and experience join together for knitting, crocheting and conversation. It's a beautiful thing. Here's a picture of the basketweave shawl (it's a repeat I know; what can I say? I'm pathetic). And of course, gratuitous kitty pictures. Oh, and I was going to say here's a video of me knitting (definitely my nose), but I'm not sure I'd throw knitting needles away. I was thinking "frog the dress and repurpose!" How about you? Oh, and que pasa with Blogger and no spaces between paragraphs?

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Obviously the cats were just lending a helping paw with your knitting.

9/28/2006 07:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh my goodness.....

9/28/2006 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Truthfully the whole time I was watching the video I thought she was going to use her dress. I must admit I was disappointed when she didn't.

9/28/2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I love the kitty knit party, I want to hug them. : )

9/29/2006 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home