Monday, September 11, 2006

I Told You I've Been Knitting; I Wasn't Lying

Here are some things on the needles. I find it hard to share WIPs--it feels like getting caught in my underwear (which believe me, you DON'T want to see). Hard to fight that good ol' Maine "keep it to yourself" attitude. I learned it well. Not that there aren't some things we should keep to ourselves (e.g., "Dude, what the @#$#@ happened to your hair?" "Wow, is that your perfume or did we just pass some fetid road kill?"), but I'm going outside my comfort zone here. The first (above) is my basketweave prayer shawl with kitty assistance. The second is my Sarah moebius scarf--so named because the lovely and able Sarah both sent me the yarn and suggested what to do with it! It's wonderfully soft and will make a perfect Christmas or birthday gift for the present box (not for it to wear, but to put in it--you get me, right?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Looks good! I like the colorway of the yarn for the moebius scarf. I'm surprised you are uncomfortable with showing WIPs, but thanks for overcoming your discomfort and sharing!

9/11/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger ZhiWen said...

Oh beautiful! I've never made moebius scarves before, but then again, I have yet to knit a scarf, any scarf :S I know what you mean, showing others your WIP's is like.. showing them something that is not yet born yet, it makes me feel uncomfortable too. I much rather show the finished objects :D

9/12/2006 05:54:00 AM  
Blogger Tammany said...

I wish my in-laws were as understanding of the Maine attitude as you are! My MIL was even born in Maine, but NO, they expect me to dump everything all over them!
That moebius is beautiful! I love that color and I am sure the present box will truly appreciate it. ;)
Don't you love feline knitting help?

9/12/2006 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Bonzairn said...

LOVE your WIP!!!!!! Please don't show your underwear - I see enough of that in my job!

9/13/2006 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Love the mobius!!
it is on my list of things to try!!

9/17/2006 09:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home