Monday, September 04, 2006

G'day, Croc Hunter

I was reading Trek's very funny post about her Wonky socks, and someone left a comment that Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter, was dead. I couldn't believe it, so I googled. How sad; he's only two years older than I am and leaves behind a wife and two kids under ten.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Somehow saying he died doing what he loved best seems like small comfort. I guess death is always a potential outcome with the lifestyle he lived, but no one ever really thinks it will happen, do they? My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammany said...

Oh my gosh. What a horrible thing! I suppose it was bound to happen, but I feel so horrible for his family. (And Matthew. Matthew is devastated. He wanted to be the Croc Hunter when he grew up.)
You seem to be doing very well. I hope so!

9/04/2006 10:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

How awful! I didn't know about his death before I read your post, but then I found out about the sting ray and so forth.

Sounds like all of Australia is in mourning.

Very sad.

9/04/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Poor family...poor world to loose someone like that.

9/06/2006 06:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home