Thursday, September 14, 2006

Do You Ever Get the Feeling

That the world is spinning a little too quickly? That in the Tour de France of life you are riding your purple banana-seat bike from grade two? That you are the rock in the middle of the stream and the current is rushing over and around you? That's how I feel today. The minutes of my day pour from the top of the hourglass, and I can't catch up. I'm torn between anxiety and joy. The sun is shining, my cat is sitting beside me, and there is much reason to smile. But the minutes, oh, the minutes, they speed away. Must knit quickly. On the upside. Although I did not make it into the six months of Scout, I did get into Month One. Good, now I only have to sell my hair or some teeth maybe (like Fantine in Les Miserables: "You have beautiful teeth, you girl there, who are laughing; if you want to sell me your palettes, I will give you a gold napoleon apiece for them." "What are my palettes?" asked Fantine. "The palettes," replied the dental professor, "are the front teeth, the two upper ones."), and not my whole self ("A hundred francs," thought Fantine. "But in what trade can one earn a hundred sous a day?" "Come!" said she, "let us sell what is left." The unfortunate girl became a woman of the town.) Oh, and by the way, which Les Miserables character are you? How à propos for me!
I'm Fantine!
Though I mean well, my trusting nature gets me into appalling amounts of trouble. Still, I do my best to get through, and I would do absolutely anything for my loved ones.

Which Les Miserables Character Are You?

7 Comments:

Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I'm Jean Valjean..apparently I am not above a bit of Skullduggery. woohoo!

9/14/2006 01:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anne said...

I'm Fantine too...

9/14/2006 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I guess I'm really going to have to read Le Mis now right??

9/14/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! wow, your post captures exactly what it's like to be in graduate school. Hence why I am sitting at the computer lab at 11pm instead at home in bed with my hubby. Too much to do.

Now I'm off to go see what Les Mis character I am.

9/14/2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I have to see what Les Mis character I am. Thanks for visiting my blog!

9/15/2006 06:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

Hello Blue Cosmo!

I don't know what Les Miz character I am...but sometimes I sure do feel like that rock in a stream...

Have a great day and a great weekend!

9/15/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

All the time! (Re: the first paragraphs.)

WTG on getting into one moth of Scout's Indie Swag... it was SOOOOOO tempting, all the goodies look awesome.

9/22/2006 01:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home