Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Censorship

Thanks for all your comments about how to import Blogger posts to WordPress. I found my way to the Import section and made all the correct clicks. And WP imported everything for two years up to the end of July. I think it doesn’t like the rest. Perhaps it’s not of a certain quality.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have a huge learning curve--how to add all the bells and whistles that are eye candy for the attention deficit (like I am) or the links to shopping for the fiber addicted (like I am). If you have any suggestions about where to read, what to do, I'd be much obliged. And I'll post my new blog address when I have a little more figured out--still under construction at this point. Also I have made two posts in WP, and they are not sorting "newest post first." Any thoughts?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kathy said...

Yay for Wordpress! I picked it up really quickly and I'm sure you will, too.

I found the help Forums invaluable. Also the FAQ, but the Forums give more detail.

Feel free to email me with specific questions (runswithneedles at gmail dot com)

I also learned a lot by just fiddling with the template and seeing what happened.

9/27/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Oh Darling, you need to check out Sidebar Widgets in the Wordpress forums. And make sure you choose a template that is sidebar widget enabled.

I found a nifty "quote of the day" thing and I figured out how to add a place for my ring codes, etc... If I can help at all, drop me an e-mail. I love me some wordpress now that I got over all the whacked out stuff at the beginning. Except that I wish there were an html coding view after I had already saved a post once... .but I digress.

Oh, and do you ahve the full version of wordpress that you have on yoru own server, or do you have the "free" one hosted on their server?

9/27/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger ZhiWen said...

Yup, I agree on the Sidebar Widgets thing, very nifty!

Lookie here:
http://automattic.com/code/widgets/

and here:
http://widgets.wordpress.com/

I'll email you a list of the widgets that I am using, in case you think they are useful :)

9/29/2006 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's cool you're switching to WordPress. : ) I still haven't had time to even try that... though I've been researching it a bit.

9/29/2006 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home