Friday, August 04, 2006

Project Spectrum for August

The theme this month is Neutrals. I love what Marji said--"red is the new black and pink is the new beige." With that in mind, I think that anything goes. What defines neutral? Is it my ambivalence toward a color? Does that make it neutral? I shall have to do some research. Here's a definition I found here: The neutral colors of black, white, silver, gray, and brown make good backgrounds, serve to unify diverse color palettes, and also often stand alone as the only or primary focus of a design. Neutral colors help to put the focus on other colors or serve to tone down colors that might otherwise be overpowering on their own. To some extent blacks, browns, tans, golds, and beige colors are considered warm. While white, ivory, silver, and gray are somewhat cooler colors. Yet these warm and cool attributes are flexible and more subtle than that of reds or blues. I like that--the colors of unity. Nice way to end Project Spectrum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Lorinda,
Are you going to Stitches Midwest this year? Last year I did the whole nine yards there for the full four days and they had a really good talk on upcoming colors and trends on the first day, if you're interested in that stuff. I thought it was pretty cool.

8/04/2006 08:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home