Thursday, August 31, 2006

In which I attempt to teach my friend to knit and also spend my entire grocery budget on needles

Yesterday was an outing to my favorite LYS. My friend Kathy and I went with the express purpose of getting her set up with supplies so she could join this marvelous group of people called knitters. Since I am a new teacher, I made several errors in judgment, but they weren't fatal. We had her knitting pretty quickly, and she's doing a fine job. Can't wait to see how project number one turns out! I made the mistake of looking at the new Lantern Moon needles, and I made the executive decision that my kids and I don't need to eat this week. Not when there are needles like this in the world. Besides, we have plenty of evaporated milk, mandarin oranges and garbanzo beans in the pantry. I don't want to hear any complaining (or asking why I have those three things in my pantry). Kathy of Knitche told me her booth at Stitches was directly across from that mecca of sock knitters--Blue Mountain Fiber Arts. Socks that Rock, be still my beating heart. She said she's thinking of trying to get their yarn in her shop. I assured her people would be beating a path to her door, since I knew of only one other place in Illinois that sells STR. Wouldn't that be sweet?

6 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Bah, food. It's so over rated. You should try googling for recipes that call for all three of those things. It's funny what you can find. Sometimes tasty too. I think I may go off and google them myself. I really need to get a life.

Gorgeous needles and congrats on the conversion of another lost soul, to the knitting "cult". ;D

8/31/2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jaimi said...

I lust after those needles. Do you absolutely love them or what?? Have you used them yet? I'm not sure I could bring myself to, you know, actually use them. They are so darn pretty.

9/01/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Drat! Born in Western Springs, lived in Lemont for 10 yrs, moved to Eatonville WA and *then* got hooked on knitting where there is NO LYS in a 30 mile radius.
Downers Grove uh? Ah I miss the midwest!

9/01/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Why is it that there is always left such odd items in the pantry?

9/03/2006 02:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Lynne said...

Dang, Lorinda! I hope your love language is gifts! You have really gotten some great mail these past days! But, why shouldn't an angel be so blessed?

9/03/2006 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What in the world are Garbanzo beans? I have never heard of these!
I haven't seen the destiny needles in person, but they do look pretty in the magazines LOL :)
Thank you so much for my box! :) So many fun goodies in it...I had so much fun opening it and oohiing and aahhhhing over it! :) Thank you so much again you really put a smile on my face!!

9/05/2006 05:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home