Friday, August 04, 2006

Finishing up Project Spectrum July

Here is the big purple project I managed to finish in July. It's for my KSKS pal. I have purple yarn, but it isn't my favorite color. I was going to dye the yarn, but I wanted to jump in and start knitting. So I decided to KoolAid dye it when I was finished knitting. I'm happy with how it turned out--sort of a tie-dye, splatter paint effect. I will definitely try it again. Amanda has great instructions on her website for microwave KoolAid dyeing. The pattern is the Small Bucket Bag purchased at Fringe. Here are some photos of the process and the product:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Cute! I haven't tried dyeing anything yet - Knitche had a class on it "Dyeing with Friends" but I wasn't able to make it.

8/04/2006 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Bonzairn said...

Very nice!!!! I am finishing up mine to felt (I have the I cord left).

8/04/2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home