Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Dear George,

Remember no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings! Love Clarence." Most if not all of you know those lines as well as I do, having watched them Christmas after Christmas in the BEST MOVIE EVER. And that's exactly how I feel. Another package on my doorstep from the amazingly talented Sarah of the blog I read first every day. For some reason that delights me in the extreme, the KnitSisters and I have struck up a cyber friendship (they had me at TIMBER!). Both Sarah and Ellen are talented knitters, and Sarah wows me with her lovely designs. She also dyes and spins. And she sent me some of her own yarn. Now I know how Ellen feels when she sees a package with Sarah's writing on the outside. Ecstasy (and not the drug)! She also included the light-as-air Merino Frappe by Crystal Palace. Any suggestions for a pattern? Thanks so much, Sarah. You've given me wings (does that mean I don't need to knit Icarus now?).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

OK, Lorinda, true confessions time. I actually had more of that Merino Frappe which I used to make a Moebius scarf (from the Cat Bordhi book) for a gift. It turned out really nicely and was a perfect weight for that project. How 'bout making one of those?

9/01/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger ZhiWen said...

That yarn looks fabulous! What are you going to do with all the yarn you've received recently? Which project to start first?! ;) I haven't seen A Wonderful Life yet, but was looking for good "oldies" to watch.. I'll let you know after I've seen it :)

9/04/2006 04:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home