Sunday, July 02, 2006

Why I Don't Read GLAMOUR More Often

'Cause these are the kinda girls who do: Excerpted from The Bad Habit I Won't Quit "I've given up smoking, sweets and booze. I DO still chew the insides of my cheeks. Gross, but if I quit, I'll have to start knitting, and NOBODY wants that." Claire, 27 of Chicago (sorry to say). Some quick thoughts: Can you give chewed cheeks as a baby gift? A wedding gift? A birthday gift? Don't think so. Claire, honey, go back to the booze and the smokes and take up knitting. It's a lot more productive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonzairn said...

Oh Please PLEASE tell me that this isn't true - that some dumb bimbette was quoted as saying this in Glamour who also claims she is from Chicago? I am so ashamed for our city as well as our female gender!!!

7/02/2006 08:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

You know, I pretty much gave up Glamour and all those kinds of magazines a few years ago...

Now you've reminded me why!

Ugh. Let us speak no more of this Claire.

P.S. How's your mom doing?

7/03/2006 08:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home