Friday, July 14, 2006

Project Spectrum Yarn of the Day

In the spirit of Project Spectrum, I went to the sale at Knitche (I may have mentioned that fifty times already). My mom asked me to knit her a sweater, and since some other knitter bought all the dark-colored skeins of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, I had to find another yarn. I hit the jackpot with Classic Elite Bazic in Grape Harvest (Raspberry) #2995, now discontinued. It's a superwash merino worsted weight. And that's the right yarn for the Folly sweater from Knitty that I want to make minus the lapel flowers. They work for Jillian, but they wouldn't work for my mom. The sweater is wonderful. The cranberry-colored yarn is for any contrast work I might do on the sweater (flowers at the cuffs). I know you said no red, Mom, but this is really pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home