Friday, July 14, 2006

Project Runway, here we come!

I was working on my computer this morning, and ABC said, "When are you going to finish your mystery project?" "When I finish it." I mumbled. She started playing with the pieces of the felted project, and since they were too small (a true design flaw) and have to be reknit, I told her she could have them--especially because she was sticking them between her toes and pretending they were flip flops. I looked over a few minutes later, and she was making her own homemade flip-flops out of felted yarn. She said, "These aren't actually flip flops because they don't go between your toes." And she cut and stitched away with only a tiny bit of stitching help from me. Voila! Her first design. I think I'll submit it to Whiplash, when they have a new design category. We also fashioned matching slippers for Charles (the cat), but he got mad at us, so it was a wash. I bet Velvet would let me make him flip flops. Yikes, isn't our floor horrible? Need to paint it again. Right now I am working on a very poorly-executed KSKS pal bag. Maybe I'll have ABC make it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonzairn said...

My daughter LOVES Project runway!!!! Love the flip flops!!!!

7/14/2006 08:09:00 PM  
Anonymous kimberly said...

Those are great flip flops!!

7/16/2006 06:17:00 AM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to tell the designer.

7/16/2006 06:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home