Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Stephanie, aka The Yarn Harlot, did not have the same issues with posting pictures today that I did. She blogged about her visit to Chi-town and, if you look closely at second last picture of her post, c'est moi! I have to make the obligatory comment that I hate the picture of me (and all my chins). It shows me that a life of fame is probably not my destiny. The Yarn Harlot has even been to Brandon, Manitoba where my family lives. Home of the Wheat Kings and scarce little else. Of course, we did host the Canada Winter Games when I was in grade ten in 1979 (we even got off school for them), and my dance troupe and I performed at the opening in front of the then-Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau by soft-shoeing on snow shoes. My other brush with a famous Canadian. Ah, fame, she is fickle, is she no? As to knitting content, I'm frogging Branching Out for the fourth (?) time, so I can't discuss that painful subject. I've cast on for a fun felted bag for one of my pals because my sewing skills are laughable. No really, they are. Pictures to follow. And check out Mim's website 'cause her to DIE FOR patterns are all on sale!!! She rocks. I'm so going to knit one of her shawls one of these days (when I graduate from Branching Out), and I'm so using some of Susie's yarn.

1 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

Lorinda -

Aaak! So amazing that you got to meet the Yarn Harlot! And how exciting to go to a yarn camp!

One of my other colorswap pals sent me some yarn for Branching Out - I am nervous to make an attempt...I'm interested to see how it goes for you!

~Kristi

7/26/2006 08:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home