Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Trekking in Suburbia

I figured out how to post in Type-pad with my first Trek With Me post. I finished Jaywalker #1 in Trekking XXL colorway 100. The combination of the two is fabulous. The monitor really doesn't do justice to the beautiful indigo blue and the vivid orange. There isn't a bit of brown, but the picture looks that way, doesn't it ? You'll just have to knit some up for yourself and find out. You'll be glad you did. I am so happy with the finished product. Not bad for only the second sock I've ever knit! And it fits perfectly. Kudos to Grumperina for making such an easy-to-follow pattern. Sock #2 is on the needles, and I hope it turns out as nicely. I'm such a lame-o calling running errands Trekking, but in my world that is trekking. My plan is to walk or hike or trek this summer, which begins tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. In the words of the great philosopher Alice Cooper, "School's Out for summer. School's out for what feels like forever!" (Emphasis mine). The sock fights with ABC over who sits up front with Mom. They agree to share. The sock hangs out by the best stuff at Dunkin' Donuts--the coffee--while Mom buys Munchkins for the fifth grade year-end party. Then the sock helps us drop off the Munchkins at school (no photo) The sock watches ABC pass her ice-skating test (forgot to photograph). Then the sock helps pick up a pizza for dinner. Then the sock unwinds poolside after a very busy day of Trekking all over town while Jack and Al enjoy having the pool all to themselves. Nods to the Yarn Harlot for her ubiquitous anthropomorphic sock.

7 Comments:

Blogger cecily said...

I got the package today...I haven't opened it yet. I'm saving it for first thing tomorrow, when I can really enjoy it!

6/07/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

A beautiful sock!! I am sure Sock 2 will be great too - but the real beauty of Trekking is that they won't match! Each sock is truly unique ;)

Thanks for your email!

6/08/2006 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Isn't the Jaywalker pattern the best! I made one pair out of Lorna's Laces and was debating whether to use the pattern again with my Trekking (also color 100). I'm trying out a simple lace pattern instead. We'll see how that goes.

6/08/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Fannie Pie said...

Love your new sock! Thanks for the fun trip around the neighborhood!!

6/08/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Creative idea for your trek. I am amazed how different your 100 looks than mine. The Jaywalker pattern really makes it different!

6/08/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Uli said...

Those socks look awesome. I have the 100 colourway in my stash, too and the Jaywalker pattern really does look great with it.

6/08/2006 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Bonzairn said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one doing the Harlot thing with the socks. Your sock looks great! thanks for the link to my blog! Love yours! Fellow red head!!!!

6/10/2006 04:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home