Friday, June 23, 2006

Teaching Boys to Knit

The Daily Herald newspaper of Kane County, Illinois carried the story of Wool and Company's "KnitOut on the Courthouse Lawn" during the Swedish Days festival in Geneva, Illinois. Undaunted by the rain, they moved indoors and, from all accounts, had a rollicking good time. My favorite part of the story though was this: At a table in another corner, knitting teacher Sharon Lynn of Geneva got advice on how to instruct boys from Neil Edmondson, husband of Lesley Edmondson, owner of Wool and Co. “Tell them to stab it, choke it, rip its guts out, and throw it off the cliff,” he said, accompanying each verb with a movement of his needles, resulting in a completed stitch. You go, son.

3 Comments:

Blogger cecily said...

I mailed your package this morning!

6/24/2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I just love this description, and probably should print it and paste it into my teaching kids to knit book, before I forget!

6/25/2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Songbird said...

That is wonderful! (And I love your statement in the sidebar!!)

6/25/2006 06:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home