Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Knitting Community--Givers Extraordinaire

I schlepped over to the Yarn Yenta today. She mentioned the charitable efforts of Cara who has already raised $7200 for Heifer International with her very cool Spin Out happening in Central Park on June 24, 2006 (I'm still jealous). Heifer International is an organization which "seeks to end world hunger by caring for the earth." They do that by "helping people obtain a sustainable source of food and income." Donation dollars provide livestock and training to the needy. It's a wonderful charity. And Cara has tons of prizes to give away beyond the good feeling we get for doing right. Yarn Yenta also mentioned a charity drive by Yarn Pie who is collecting knitted goods to sell at her church craft fair to raise more money for Heifer International. She's also giving prizes, but that's not the issue. I'm just so impressed by the giving hearts of the knoggers around the world. I'm ready to knit and share, how about you? I know you are because you're a knitter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Lorinda, thanks for checking me out! By all means please use Rhelynn's graphic. I have no idea how to design such things, my talents do not lie in that direction. Isn't it cute? Thanks for the post!

6/11/2006 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Great post - Heifer Int'l does great work. I am so glad that Cara is raising awareness of their mission, and encouraging others to help in this way. It is amazing!

6/11/2006 09:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home