Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In Which I Pose a Question, and You Respond (Please)

Okay, the previous post was a serious blast from the past. My ears are still ringing. I love that song. My question is this. Our library has a summer reading program, and you can win prizes for reading so many books (I think it's a prize for every four you read and comment on). I am so off reading right now except for knitting blogs and patterns. I checked out ten or twenty knitting books--do you realize how heavy they are? Reinforce those bookcases, folks. And I look at the pictures and read some of the text (but not so much all) and read the patterns (sort of). My friends, does that count as reading a book? I'm thinking it doesn't, but I don't get credit for reading all your cool blogs. It's a little bit of discrimination, I think. They have really cool prizes, too. I await your wisdom.

9 Comments:

Blogger Heatherly said...

what about mp3 books to listen to as you read bogs?

6/20/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Very good question, Heatherly. I just have felt "booked out" lately. None sound super interesting to me--except ones I've already read a hundred times.

6/20/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Bonzairn said...

So was it the Yarn Harlot's Book? Mason Dixon Knitting? Wendy Knits? I think those count.... knitting patterns? uh no. I need to read more too.... I haven't been in the GROVE. If I want my kids to read they need to see me read.....

6/21/2006 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ah, interesting query. I think I would have to agree with Bonzairn on this one!

6/21/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger cecily said...

ditto on that one. i'm sad that you are in a drought of finding good books to read...i'm NEVER in that situation.

right now, i'm reading jan karon's mitford series, the second one. they follow an episcopal priest in a tiny town, and i LOVE it. :)

6/21/2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Um, I don't think that counts as reading per se - more browsing. Alas. What do you like to read when you do read?

6/22/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

Eh, I think it's a grey area, don't you? But probably not a major moral dilemma.

When you are into reading, what kinds of books do you like to read? Mysteries? Science fiction? Contemporary novels? Classics?

On another note, thanks for your comment on my blog earlier this week!

6/22/2006 05:35:00 PM  
Anonymous staci said...

lol - i just checked a bunch of knitting books (since i just haven't been reading reading) and you're right - they weigh a ton. in weight alone they must count, right?

i was looking over your list of books you've enjoyed and you might want to try the thursday next series by jasper fforde - the first one is called the eyre affair. they're a bit odd, but perfectly wonderful (especially to readers).

hope you are doing well!
peace,
staci

6/24/2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Thanks, Staci!

The Eyre Affair books are GREAT! I still need to read #4, but I loved the rest. It cracks me up that they hang out at the Dashwood's house from Sense and Sensibility.

6/24/2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home