Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm My Own Grandma

I just read back over my 30 things about me. What a downer! She's dead; he's dead; they died. My family will attest that my dear Grandma at the end of her life had that to say of just about everyone. It became a family joke (shows you what kind of family we are, oops). So here are 30 more light-hearted things. Then I'm done, I promise. 1. I am good at making up nicknames. Everyone in my family has at least seven or eight given by me. 2. I would eat french fries everyday if given the opportunity. 3. My favorite part of the day is that first sip of scalding hot coffee in the morning. 4. I love the ping that tells me I have received email. 5. I love to hear my brothers giggle when they watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. 6. I'm going to have to knit really fast to make up for not knitting for twenty years. 7. I think my sister is one of the most beautiful women on earth. 8. I love to watch my daughter run and play. 9. I want to have a house on the beach someday. 10. I asked my son when he was little if there was anyone sparklier than he, to which he replied, "No." He's right. 11. My kids are hilarious, even when they don't mean to be. 12. I wonder about things--like who thought up cake? Or chocolate? 13. I talk all through movies. 14. I love to sing. 15. I love the anticipation of Christmas Eve. 16. I danced on snowshoes in front of the Prime Minister of Canada at the opening of the Canada Winter Games (I think it was 1979). 17. I am weather-impaired. Weather reports will not stick in my head. 18. I love the smell of rain. 19. I like children's books better than adult books most of the time. 20. I love red hair. 21. I love dark chocolate. 22. I wonder why sometimes watching sports makes me cry. 23. Nothing is more boring to me than politics. 24. I get the giggles at very inappropriate times, and I have a hard time stopping. 25. I have seen the movie Persuasion so many times, I think I have it memorized. 26. I think the ability to make people laugh is a bigger turn-on than looks. 27. I envision the rest of my life filled with writing and knitting. 28. I want to travel more. 29. I love my church. 30. I'm painfully shy (although no one who knows me believes that).

1 Comments:

Anonymous beverly said...

Your #27 is my vision for life, too!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. xx

6/19/2006 07:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home