Thursday, June 29, 2006

HP 7 Redux

Totally unrelated to HP, I've had a migraine every day this week. Do you think putting my head in a vise would help? Seems like a good option to me right now. Okay, sorry, I'm done complaining. Thanks for your Harry Potter thoughts. Here are mine. If they bore you, okay. We can't all be scintillating. I agree with Mo. I think that everyone could stay alive in Harry Potter and the story would be just as wonderful, maybe more so. The only disagreeable one I'd kill off might be Percy, but he's just pompous, not evil. Hopefully he'll outgrow that. I love all the Weasleys. Can't kill Harry, that doesn't even make sense. She can't be that existential. Wizarding life sucks and then you die. Yikes. I don't want her to kill off Snape; he's not the bad guy. He's just misunderstood--a little greasy and bitter, but misunderstood. I can't dish on my theory because Lisa hasn't read book six, but JK can't kill him off. Secondly, the characters are so intertwined with the actors in my mind now, and I LOVE Alan Rickman. There is no other man on earth (with the exception of Jean-Luc Picard) who has more perfect diction. I'm a sucker for perfect diction. And I can't hate Lucius (I call him Luscious) because Jason Isaacs makes my old lady heart go pound pound. What is it about guys with long blond hair? Give me Legolas and Lucius any day. She can kill off Draco. I give her permission. I love McGonagall too--both the book and the Maggie Smith version. No one is as hootily perfect as Dame Maggie. She was quite a looker in her day. And I LOVE her in Gosford Park. I realize that I have gone off topic, but the line between the book and the movies is so hazy. Somebody must have put a spell on it. Gotta run, the kids are yelling at me to go to the pool. We've been indoors most of the day. Can I wind up my yarn vomit from my frogged project and hold it carefully enough to get to the pool without disaster? Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

I admit that the actor who plays Lucius is wonderfully appealing, but the character?? Not even a little. (grin) It almost makes me feel sorry for Draco. (In fact, if I remember correctly, Jason Isaacs said he made a point of being particularly nasty to Draco, because he just had a feeling that Draco's father WOULD be.)

6/29/2006 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger mo said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Legolas Mmmmmmmmmm

6/30/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I wouldn't miss Percy at all. I don't know if he'll change...

6/30/2006 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home