Thursday, May 04, 2006

Who's Sari Now?

Here's an UFO finally done! In the spirit of UWYH, I declare May to be FWIS (Finish What I Started) month. Yesterday I worked like a whirling dervish (do they actually work?), and completed several niggling loose ends. Here's my biggest accomplishment. This is not your grandmother's purse, although the shape is very vintage. For the liner, I used fabric that I bought a while ago to make my daughter a purse. Then we ended up buying her one from the now-defunct LizzyRose store. Great store. What took me so long to finish this bag was feeling stymied about how to stiffen it and close it. I ended up using plastic canvas on the bottom and sides and tucking the liner around it so it wouldn't stick out through the yarn. The bag is made with recycled sari yarn knit on the bias. Very fun to make. I machine stitched the liner to the plastic canvas (it can be done!), and then hand-sewed the liner to the bag. Yeah, it looks like monkeys did it. I just won't look too closely. I finished with a magnetic clasp and a decorative button to cover the backside of the magnet. I just need a button for the other side. Feels good to finish a UFO and have it turn out so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home