Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Secret Pal Update

Well, I hate to brag, but it ain't braggin' if it's true (so said Babe Ruth). I have the best Secret Pals. All four of them! My One Skein Secret Pal (1SSP)--my spoiler--is my musical compadre. She rocks, literally. We are having fun (okay, I'M having fun) sending songs related to the days of the week. She's got my music mojo going, but she is way more hip than I--I'm sending her the Mamas and the Papas and Elvis, and she's sending me New Order and Pinmonkey. I'm such an anachronism! I'm learning cool songs, though. Thanks One Skein Secret Pal! Here's a song I adapted especially for you (name that group!) Oh SP, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey SP (huff huff), hey SP (huff huff) Oh SP, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey SP (huff huff), hey SP (huff huff) Oh SP, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey SP (huff huff), hey SP (huff huff) Oh SP, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey SP (huff huff), hey SP (huff huff) Wow, I just realized I'm even annoying myself! My spoilee--the lovely and talented Stacey of Big Sky Life is my co-newbie as a sknogger (sock-knitter-blogger). She just had a birthday and is using the Cat Bordhi Socks Soar on Two Circles book that I sent her. When she said thanks for the book, I actually had to go back to my Amazon account to try to remember which one I had ordered! Pass the gingko biloba please. Reports are that Stacey has already turned her first heel and picked up the stitches along the gusset and ordered extra Addis from Astrid. You go, sock girl! On to my Secret Pal gals of SP8. My spoilee writes me witty, mysterious emails, and I am putting on my Hercule Poirot beret to figure out ze clues she sends me about her self. She, like I, is a logophile. I'm enjoying the fun words she includes, grad student that she is. Thank goodness one can look up the dictionary online! Best wishes in your studies SP8! And to conclude my serendipitous SP encounters, meet Harriet of Lime Dragon fame. She's a seasoned sock knitter, and you have to check out her kickin' creations (pun intended)! I read on her blog that she is planning to attend Stitches Midwest, and I emailed her suggesting we meet up there. I know it's a little early, but wouldn't it be fun to have a face to face at such a great knitting extravaganza? Whadya think? Should we meet? I'm so horrible at keeping secrets. Well, it's getting late, and I'm trying to get French Market Bag #2 on the needles in the semi-darkness. Thanks for making my first Secret Pal exchanges so much fun, ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home