Friday, May 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

Here are my SP8 answers. 1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love merino that felts well, like Malabrigo. I love handspun/hand-dyed. Like most knitters I know, I'm not an acrylic fan. 2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A cardboard box in a dresser (sad, I know). 3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to knit in college, but I stopped for about twenty years. I just recently returned to it with a vengeance. I'd say I'm an advanced beginner or intermediate. 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon 5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Euphoria by Calvin Klein; spicy, cinnamon-y, clove. 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? All of my teeth are sweet tooths. :) I love dark chocolate, Skor bars, York Peppermint Patties. 7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew occasionally; take pictures; love calligraphy. I do not spin. 8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) All types of music, mostly Contemporary Christian. Yes my computer plays mp3s. 9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I think colors are mood-based, but I'm always drawn to cobalt blue. Yarn-wise, I'm drawn to bright colors right now (maybe because it's spring, and the world is puddle-wonderful). I do not like teal. 10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Two kids, one Yorkie, three cats. 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above. 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now, I'm really into Moebius and felted items--mostly bags. 13. What are you knitting right now? Two shawls, a top-down tease, and a mitred triangle felted bag. 14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes! 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular and aluminum (Addi turbos, yum). 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Both. 17. How did you learn to knit? It's scary for me to admit that I don't remember, but I'm sure my mom taught me. 18. How old is your oldest UFO? I think I have an unfinished one in a trunk from 1985, but recently, two or three months. 19. What is your favorite holiday? Tough question. I love Christmas, Easter. I love holidays in general. 20. Is there anything that you collect? You can never have too many books or cool dangly earrings. 21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have books on my Amazon wishlist; I'm dying for some Handmaiden SeaCell yarn, love Malabrigo or yarn like it, think it's impossible to have too many Addi Turbo needles, and don't have any subscriptions. 22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Continental knitting, lace, socks, fitting. 23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Haven't tried socks yet. I wear a size 6 or 7 depending on the style. 24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 11/14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home