Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Knitting Doctor

I frequent a certain office every Tuesday. And each week I seem to have a different knitting project. Each week my allergist (whose office it is) oohs and aahs at my projects. Last week, she asked me to teach her to knit. Why not? We set up an appointment, and yesterday we met. I brought Clover Bamboos size 13 and a couple of skeins of Noro Kureyon for her to choose from and written instructions printed from the internet. I cast on twenty-two stitches for a scarf for her, showed her the knit stitch a couple of times, and off she went. She took to it like a fish to water--talking and knitting at the same time. No mistakes and perfect tension. Nice to feel like a wonderful teacher, although I knew she was the reason it went so well. She's taking her knitting with her on a flight to California this weekend. I hope the airlines allow wooden needles. Like any knitter would waste a perfectly good needle stabbing someone or some other such nonsense. They should know better. The only person in danger would be a terrorist (or an airline official) trying to take my needles away from me. Look out. Bad pics, I know. She was so speedy, I couldn't get a good shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home