Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fair Isle Fever

At my LYS, there is a teacher par excellence named Mary. She is a beautiful lady, a wise soul and an amazing knitter. She is the one who helped me unzip my Moebius waste yarn to make my first (correct) Moebius basket. I went to her Fair Isle class, eager to learn the two-handed method of Fair Isling (is that a word?). She taught us several provisional cast-ons, and despite my issues with my cast-on, she managed to impart her wisdom to me. She even made it seem easy! And what I love about talking with her is that she talks about the history and the theory and the why of knitting. Deep thoughts. I don't always get them, but I sit at her feet and hope some of it sinks in. I learned piries (oops, not the store) PEERIES and borders and set to work. Here is my bag knit with Classic Elite's Bam Boo. Yep, girls and guys, it's 100% bamboo. It's soft and colorful and fun to work with. According to the skein label it's a "renewable fiber resource, silky hand and drape, naturally antibacterial fiber and non-allergenic." Wow! It does split, though. I have a lining pinned in the bag, but I need to remove it and block the bag which I will do later today. Voila! (Photo 1: Bottom of bag: cool decreases, huh? Photo 2: Blurry up-close of xo peerie Photo 3: The whole enchilada)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Liz said...

This bag is amazing!!
Your blog is wonderful.
I didn't take offense to the ISBN# my first thought is maybe the book was sold on Ebay because of the wrong ISBN :]
If you would like for me to scan images from my book for you and directions let me know. It would take too much time to do all of the book, but I don't mind doing some of the projects.

5/20/2006 05:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Liz said...

This bag is amazing!!
Your blog is wonderful.
I didn't take offense to the ISBN# my first thought is maybe the book was sold on Ebay because of the wrong ISBN :]
If you would like for me to scan images from my book for you and directions let me know. It would take too much time to do all of the book, but I don't mind doing some of the projects.

5/20/2006 05:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home