Saturday, April 08, 2006

Mitred square bag

I love this bag. It's fun to knit mitred squares. I used two colors of Noro Kureyon--40 and 128 (I think). The pattern calls for 5 skeins, and I used 5 or 5.5. I'm still battling with how to stiffen the bottom of the bag and whether I like the handles, but my friends loved it. One even offered to buy it! It felted beautifully, and I do love the colors. I'll definitely be working more with mitred squares. I'm even thinking about doing a rug with some yarn I bought on eBay which is really coarse and was probably meant more for weaving than knitting. For this purse, I used the free pattern at http://home.pacbell.net/kapleo/blog/domesticspherepatterns.html On the learning curve, I picked up how to do three-needle bind off. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home