Monday, April 24, 2006

Knot in any way wanting

Nods to Otis, my baby brother, for the name of my newly finished Moebius creation. I guess Moebius Malabrigo Celtic Stonework Knot is a bit of a mouthful. I showed the felted bag earlier in my postings, and took it to lunch to show my friend, and she asked to buy it. My dilemmer was to find a way to cover the snap backing. So I ordered several of Nicky Epstein's books on embellishments (from some vaguely remembered skit I want to yell "EMBELLISHMENT!" when I type that). Nicky Epstein's Knitted Embellishments from Interweave Press held the answer. It's the Celtic Stonework Knot which took me quite a while to figure out how to knot, but I unpacked the secret by copying the page, pinning the i-cord down on the diagram and following the weaving step by step (only backwards). Here is the finished product, and fabulous, if I do say so myself. Gock graciously shared his Celtic drawing stash, and I am eager to emblazon the world with celtic i-cord.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

Wow!:)

4/24/2006 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Thanks, Susan!

4/24/2006 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home