Monday, January 23, 2006

Loving the Bling Bling

Found some fun Bling Bling yarn by Bernat which, of course, had a sagey green in it (Spotlight sage). I wanted to knit a scarf with it, but wanted to bulk it up with a little chenille. The only color I could find was a too fuschia pink, but I did it anyway. It turned out nice but isn't really my color. Guess it goes in the gift pile. Again just straight stockinette stitch. Any more complicated than that, and I get interrupted or distracted, and it's a mess. I tried about ten times to start a scarf with Beautiful yarn and Cello (eyelash) yarn which required purling, yarn over (YO) and knitting together. I keep ripping it out. Now I'm trying to use the Cello yarn to make a magic scarf. Since I didn't have the right size circular needle (13 US, 29"), I am making my first attempt at using DPN (11, 7"). It will probably be twisted and frightening, but at least I'm learning what not to do. One of these days I'll venture into something more complex--before the nice young men in their clean white coats come, because then I won't be allowed any pointed objects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home