Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mysteries of the Universe

I watch the drops fall one by one. Perfectly mesmerized, I sit. Each expanding bead of fluid startles me anew. Will it fall the same way? The mysteries of the universe encapsulated in this process of ebb and flow. Unceasingly wise I appear, I am the cat. I watch him mesmerized and find myself as interested in him as he is in the process of the dark liquid dripping into the glass vessel. He looks ready to leap. Is it genius or idiocy? Perhaps this mystery of the universe will never be revealed to me. Then I walk past the still-as-statue one with eyes as large as saucers. He wants the donuts on the counter next to the coffee pot. The mystery is revealed: he waits for me to get my cup and leave so he can help himself. I am the idiot. for Jasper Doodle Bug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home